For eggplant lovers (like me!), or appetizer dip addicts, here is my aubergine caviar recipe, extremely quick and easy to do with just roasted aubergines, some olives … and olive oil of course.
I must admit, I’m mad about eggplant. Among all vegetables – and I keep eating lots of vegetables – eggplant is the one I prefer. What’s yours? There are so many ways to prepare eggplant. I’ll soon share other recipes, including my aubergine tarte tatin.
So for this dip, I make something very simple unlike most aubergine caviar recipe. No onion or garlic, no complicated recipes. Just roasted in the oven eggplant flesh and olive oil. And to give a little twist without altering the taste, a few black olives. My advice is to add them gradually, taste and stop when you think there are enough, as olive taste change drastically from a producer to the other. Thus, the amount to give in the ingredients is not easy.
I hope you’ll like this recipe.
And did you see the tarte soleil on the pics? They are very fancy in France, I always have a great success when I make one. See the recipe here.
Aubergine Caviar Easy Eggplant Dip
- Blender and oven
- 2 eggplants
- 6 to 12 black olives
- olive oil
Start baking eggplants in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise. Make incisions in the flesh with a sharp knife (I’ll take a picture the next time I do the recipe to show you).
- Arrange the eggplants on a baking tray or in a baking dish (ideally covered with aluminum foil or parchment paper, this makes it easier to wash afterwards). Place eggplants, skin against the dish and generously brush eggplant flesh with olive oil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Then let cool down.
- Scrap eggplant flesh to remove the skin. Pit black olives.
- Then mix the aubergine flesh with the olives. Add olives little by little to adapt quantities according to your taste. Depending on the desired texture, mix more or less (here in the photo there are a few pieces of olives left but can be mixed until you get a homogeneous paste).
Bon appétit !
Leave a reply