Those baked mushrooms with French Boursin cheese make a perfect sauce or side, to serve with pasta or meat.
Delicious, fun and quick & easy to prepare. Better than Tik Tok’s tomato and feta.
Tik Tok’s viral recipe adapted
I admit this recipe is inspired by one of the videos that went viral first on Tik Tok and then on Instagram of a recipe for roasted cherry tomatoes with Feta (with onion, garlic, herbs, and olive oil).
Also known as Tik Tok pasta. Did you see this trend in your country too, or was it just in France?
The idea is very simple but brilliant, and fun. To serve simply as a side to the main course or with pasta or rice. Or, and you must test this it’s sooo tasty, by mixing them to make a dip at l’apéro for an appetizer.
By the way, I wrote an article on how to prepare French-style appetizers.
No tomatoes and Feta here, but Champignons de Paris button mushrooms and garlic and French fine herbs Boursin cheese. When I saw this new food trend, I immediately thought that this simple and quick dish was a great idea and mouth-watering.
French Boursin cheese
There are now many different tastes for Boursin cheese (with shallot and chives, cracked black pepper, caramelized onion and herbs, basil and chive, fig and balsamic but the original recipe is garlic and fine herbs.
This “delicious blend of delicate garlic, fragrant parsley, and mild chives artfully folded into authentic Gournay Cheese and wrapped in our signature foil” as the brand describes it really is iconic in France.
The texture is both creamy and slightly crumbly. And the taste is amazing, perfect to serve on a cheese platter as well as on toasts with any garnish or in recipes as here. There are so many ways to use Boursin.
Even though many different tastes exist in France, when we talk about garlic and fine herbs, we don’t mention the specific flavor. It’s evident that when we say Boursin, we speak of garlic and fine herbs.
Information on the baked mushroom and Boursin pasta recipe
- Paris mushrooms and shallots (or onions of course). Mushrooms are cut in half or 4 depending on their size. Shallots or onions are peeled and minced. Seasoned just with salt and pepper. No need to add herbes de Provence as Boursin is very flavorful with garlic and fine herbs.
- A whole Boursin cheese is placed in the center. Once out of the oven, cheese will be soft and ultra-creamy, much more than the Feta cheese actually. You will get a super smooth sauce once the Boursin is combined with mushrooms.
- I suggest serving this with pasta, a bit like a vegetarian main dish. It can also be served with rice or legume or as a side dish or sauce for white meat.
Baked Mushrooms Boursin Cheese Pasta
- 750 gr button mushrooms
- 1 Boursin cheese garlic & fine herbs 150 gr = 5.2 oz
- 3 shallots or 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
TO SERVE WITH
- 320 gr pasta 80 gr per person
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
Prepare and bake mushrooms and Boursin
- Peel and lince the shallots. Brush or rinse the mushrooms, cut the bottom of the foot. Cut them in 2 or 4 depending on their size.
- Pour mushrooms and shallots in an a oven proof dish. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil, and combine.
- Make a hole in the center, place Boursin in the center.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C / 350°F for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large volume of salted water to the broil and cook the pasta according to the instructions (+/- 10 minutes).
- Take the dish out of the oven and combine, serve as a sauce for pasta.
- Or place the baking dish in the center of your table, pasta aside. It’s fun to see the end result.
Bon appétit !
More recipes for mushroom and cheese lovers
For mushrooms and pasta lovers, why don’t you try this pasta recipe with giroles and bacon?
My other suggestion will definitely go to a tart I prepare very often. The French mane it rustic tart but galette would be the most common translation. So why don’t you try my Paris button mushroom galette recipe?
And completely different cheese but if you like baked cheese you must try this baked Camembert with endive leaves used as a scoop.
Leave a reply