Ideal as a main dish with green salad, as starter or side, very flavorful and healthy. Same as a quiche with no crust, flan is a classic of French cuisine.
A flan in French cooking is kind of a crustless quiche. No pastry, just an egg, and milk (or cream or vegetal milk) custard and the filling of your choice. You can imagine many flavors with the same base, as you would for a savory tart, except it’s served in the baking dish.
Today is a vegetarian flan with previously pan-fried broccoli and onion and turmeric in the batter. Quick and easy.
This flan can be served as a starter or as a side but I like to eat it for simple lunches with a green salad. Feel free to add other spices. The recipe is with oat milk but a flan batter is usually prepared with milk or cream.
Brocoli and turmeric flan French crustless quiche
- 1/2 head broccoli or 1 whole if small
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml oat milk or milk and / or cream or soy milk or spelled
- 1 tsp turmeric large teaspoon
READ FIRST THE MAIN STEPS OF THE RECIPE
- Pan fry onion and broccoli with olive oil, prepare the flan batter as for a classic quiche (whisl eggs and milk), season and bake together in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Meanwhile mince onion and cut off the broccoli florets from the stalk. Depending on their size, the largest florets can be cut in half.
- When the oil is hot fry onions and broccoli (on my photos separately but you can fry them together). Cook until they brown on all sides.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with turmeric. Add the milk or oat milk and mix.
- Place broccoli and onions in a gratin dish. Pour the turmeric flan batter over and cook for half an hour at 180°C/360°F.
Bon appétit !
Leave a reply