Those delicious chocolate creams have an incredible texture, dense and unctuous at the same time, and have the advantage of being baked without eggs, without milk or any diary product nor refined sugar. Chocolate, silken tofu and agave syrup. Great for vegans and chocolate lovers…
Actually this recipe is not one of mine, it’s one of my French readers who told me that I definitely had to have it on the blog. Great texture, interesting ingredients, nice for vegans or dairy products intolerants… So as you might imagine, I decided to bake her recipe to taste. We all loved the recipe, my kids were not against finishing the whole dish! And I HAD to do it again to take photos. Fod bloggers life is difficult you know, we sometime have to eat chocolate again and again ;-)
So here is Marie’s recipe, I didn’t change the ingredients but decided to call it a pudding (or cream crème in French) rather that a mousse due to the incredible smooth texture. It’s quick and easy to do, with few ingredients.
Information on the ingredients of the recipe:
- Silken tofu is very rich in vegetal proteins
- You can replace the agave syrup with honey (not too strong, acacia for example).
- You may have small bubbles due to the blender. Tap your cups on the table to make them disappear or leave them it will be more aerated.
- The texture seems very liquid but no worries. Once cooled down, it’ll thicken.
- Creams are here sprinkled with grated white chocolate for the photos.
Did you see my cute little kitchen utensil brought back from my trip to Japan? It measures from 10 to 50 ml, teaspoons and table spoons. It’s very convenient!
Chocolate Tofu Pudding (vegan, egg-free, dairy-free)
- 400 gr silken tofu
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 10 cl almond milk or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Start by melting the chocolate in a bain-marie (or in the microwaye) with a little bit of soy milk or almond milk.
- When melted, add silken tofu and mix with a blender or a hand mixer until the preparation is homogeneous.
- Add agave syrup and mix again. Taste and possibly add a little bit more of agave syrup according to your taste.
- Pour into small individual ramekins or small glasses. Tap to remove any air bubbles generated by the mixer.
- Place in the fridge to cool down and set.
Bon appétit !