Today I propose a very simple recipe, a basic family dessert without fuss but very tasty with its fruits and chocolate. A recipe for those of you who are like me : who like desserts but not too sweet and who don’t want to spend the whole afternoon in the kitchen baking a cake. If so, French home cooking desserts are for you. Especially clafoutis which is actually among French most popular desserts. The most common filling is with cherries (see the recipe here).
A few remarks on the recipe:
- Think of this recipe as if you were preparing waffles, adding fruits in the batter and baking it in the oven.
- Choose ripe pears and either quickly cut cubes as here, or make beautiful slices and arrange them regularly in your baking dish. If pears are small, don’t hesitate to add one more.
- The amount of sugar may seem important but it is due to the fact that we use cocoa, thus unsweetened, not the classic chocolate bars. In France we often use the brand Van Houten
- The ingredients are for a small gratin tin, approximately for 4 people, do not hesitate to double the quantities.
- You can bake clafoutis in many king of dishes : black cast iron skillet, pie pan, gratin dish, tart mold, individual ramekins…
- The preparation will puff up while baking but will fall and deflate a bit when cooling down, that’s normal.
- You may serve this at room temperature or a bit warm.