This moist dark chocolate cake is baked without any flour nor baking powder. Very simple and quick to prepare, it tastes even better after a few hours rest, if you can resist! But it’s worth it, the inside gets mellow and so delicious
A few weeks ago, I was asked by one of My Parisian Kitchen’s reader for a gluten free chocolate cake. I was wondering what to propose when I realized that THE chocolate cake I bake several times a month, for each birthday party, school event or when I don’t have time has no flour in its ingredient list! My childrens ask for this recipe so often that I took the habit to always prepare this for dessert when friends or family come by, plus something else. In this cake, there are just chocolate, eggs, sugar and butter. Even my kids do it now “eyes closed” as we say in French.
The only think with this cake is that it taste much better baked in advance (ideally the day before or in the morning) and rested for a few hours. Its texture gets smoother (mellow and dense at the same time, it’s a bit hard for me to describe) and chocolate flavors are enhanced.
So easy and quick to prepare. With a chocolate cake recipe like this one, you can’t go wrong and you’ll see that French cuisine is not so complicated!
Easy Gluten Free French Chocolate Cake
- Whisk for egg whites
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 120 gr sugar
- 125 gr unsalted butter however salted butter is fine as well
- 6 eggs large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks in two different large bowls. Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Melt chocolate and butter (ideally in a water bath, if not in the microwave).
- Stir egg yolks and sugar until it whitens a bit. Then add melted chocolate and melted butter while stirring continuously so that egg yolk won’t start to bake.
- Then pour in whisked egg whites, combining gently with circular movements from the bottom up not to break them.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold (or a greased mold, ideally floured if you are not gluten intolerant).
- Bake 25 minutes at 350°F (180°C). Flip the mold on a plate and remove the mold.
Bon appétit !
Bon appétit !