A sweet buttery flavor with a crispy texture for your tarts. Quick and easy, ideal for no-bake pies. This basic dough may also be used for cheesecakes.
This is the perfect pie crust for your sweet tarts. Quick and easy to make, I tried to be very precise and give you mots of details in the description of the recipe.
With this shortbread pastry crust, you can either
- prebake it and fill with different creams (pastry cream, citrus cream, almond cream…) and top with fresh fruits
- prebake and fill with a custard, lemon curd for example
- fill with fruits and eggy or creamy batter and bake
- fill with a flavored batter and bake, for lemon or chocolate tart for example.
I give you at the end of this article some recipes using shortbread pastry crust that you can find on this blog.
Sweet Shortbread Pastry Crust
- 250 gr flour
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 gr butter
- 1 egg
Prepare the dough
- Put flour, sugar, salt and cold butter in a bowl or in the bowl of your food processor.
- Mix until you obtain a granulated, sandy texture, hence the name in French Pâte sablée lit."Sandy dough". If no food processor, mix using your fingertips not to overheat the butter.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and pour it into your preparation.
- Quickly mix until the texture changes.
- Form a ball, cover and place in the refrigerator 1 hour (or 10 minutes in the freezer).
- Roll out the dough and bake according to your recipe :- pour in preparation and bake- pre bake .
- Preheat the oven to 180 °. Spread (lowethe shortcrust pastry in the bottom of your pie plate (my preference for metal molds or in a circle on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with parchment paper and add cooking weights (choice of ceramic or stone, beans ...).
- Cook for 30 minutes. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the cooking weights.