A sweet buttery flavor with a crispy texture for your tarts. Quick and easy, ideal for no-bake pies. This basic dough may also be used for cheesecakes.
This is the perfect pie crust for your sweet tarts. Quick and easy to make, I tried to be very precise and give you mots of details in the description of the recipe.
With this shortbread pastry crust, you can either
- prebake it and fill with different creams (pastry cream, citrus cream, almond cream…) and top with fresh fruits
- prebake and fill with a custard, lemon curd for example
- fill with fruits and eggy or creamy batter and bake
- fill with a flavored batter and bake, for lemon or chocolate tart for example.
I give you at the end of this article some recipes using shortbread pastry crust that you can find on this blog.
Sweet Shortbread Pastry Crust
A sweet buttery flavor with a crispy texture for your tarts. Quick and easy, ideal for no-bake pies. This basic dough may also be used for cheesecakes. Combine all ingredients. Rest in the fridge then roll out.
- 250 gr flour
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 gr butter
- 1 egg
Prepare the dough
- Put flour, sugar, salt and cold butter in a bowl or in the bowl of your food processor.
- Mix until you obtain a granulated, sandy texture, hence the name in French Pâte sablée lit."Sandy dough". If no food processor, mix using your fingertips not to overheat the butter.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and pour it into your preparation.
- Quickly mix until the texture changes.
- Form a ball, cover and place in the refrigerator 1 hour (or 10 minutes in the freezer).
- Roll out the dough and bake according to your recipe :- pour in preparation and bake- pre bake .
- Preheat the oven to 180 °. Spread (lowethe shortcrust pastry in the bottom of your pie plate (my preference for metal molds or in a circle on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with parchment paper and add cooking weights (choice of ceramic or stone, beans ...).
- Cook for 30 minutes. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the cooking weights.
A little trick that the filling does not soften the dough, a few minutes before the end sprinkle with cocoa butter or brush with an egg yolk and put back in the oven. If needed, please refer to the conversion and measures article here
You liked this recipe?Subscribe to my mailing list for more French recipes and exclusive content
Leave a reply