My tips for perfect waffles
- Heating milk you avoid the resting time, thus can cook waffles immediately (and it’s also a good way to melt butter by adding it to the hot milk).
- To avoid any lumps, pour the liquid on the flour and whisk (if you pour the dry ingredients on the liquid, it will be garder to whisk until you get a smooth texture withour any lump).
- And do you know what to do with the remaining egg yolks? Cannelés of course. But also a crème anglaise egg custard (with saffron for example), sablés Bretons or a mayonnaise.
- If you don’t have a waffle maker, as the gaufre batter is thisker than a crèpe batter, you car cook it in a skillet, just as you would do for pancakes.
- You can propose many kind of topping: jam, nutela, melted chocolate anc rème chantilly whipped cream are French classics. The one my kids prefer is simply icing sucar sprinkled.