When Spring starts and all over Summer, this is THE most popular recipe on the French version of the blog, ideal for barbecues.
Skewers of beef, chicken or duck of all kinds, sausages, beef or pork ribs… we do have plenty of delights to grill on the barbecue. And many choices of marinades.
This is a marinade we love at home, here used for pork tenderloin but you can try this marinade with chicken wings or breast filet, it’s delicious too. Marinade is made with:
- a little bit of honey and soy sauce as it caramelizes and works very well with pork
- lime zest and juice to give a little twist (may be replaced with lemon)
- herbs here fresh thyme
- finally olive oil, a must have for French barbecue and plancha marinades (my South-France Provençal origins, on my mum’s side, may perhaps be the reason of me using olive oil all the time!)
How to prepare the meat : Pork Tenderloin is opened in half to become thinner scallop that quickly cooks evenly. Either ask your butcher to do it, or do it yourself. Cut Pork Tenderloin in half lengthwise without going to the end. We do not want to cut it completely in two pieces but have a uniform thickness once opened. So stop halfway, as soon as you reach the final thickness, open it in half and eventually flatten it to form a beautiful large scallop.
This dish is served here with Provençal tomatoes (see my recipe here).
Marinated Pork Tenderloin on the barbecue
- 1 pork tenderloin About 800 gr
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 lime zest
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small handful thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Start by preparing the marinade. Simply combine all ingredients.
- - If honey is solid, a few seconds in the microwave and it will liquefy thus be easier to mix with the other ingredients.
- - And for lime zest, use the finest grater you have (for example a zester or a microplane grater).
- Cut pork tenderloin with a sharp knife halfway lengswie, open each side for form a large scallop.
- Arrange meat in the marinade and leave for at least 1 hour, occasionally flipping meat so that it is coated with marinade on all sides.
- Cook on the barbecue 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness the meat.
- If you have a barbecue with a lid, cover ater 10 mn, meat will be even more tender.