Light and airy, silky smooth texture, complex decadent flavors with two chocolates balanced with a pinch of fleur de sel, optionnal of course.
This is kind of the same recipe as my ultimate dark chocolate mousse fully approved as I’ve made it dozens and dozens times over years. Be that as it may, I wanted a less intense chocolate taste so decided to divide the amount of dark bittersweet chocolate and have instead half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate.
And this can be optional, adding a pinch of fleur de sel gives a wonderful kick. Quite interesting. You must try this mousse au chocolat but be careful, it’s addictive!
Milk and Dark Chocolate Mousse with Pinch of Salt
- 3 eggs
- 50 gr dark chocolate bittersweet chocolate
- 50 gr milk chocolate
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
- Cut chocolate in small chunks and gently melt chocolate using a double boiler (or in the microwave at low heat)
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites.
- Pour melted chocolate into egg yolk and combine. Add a pinch of fleur de sel (optional), combine again
- Whisk egg whites until foamy (stop when soft peaks flop at the top, don’t whisk until too stiff. Then gently incorporate this into the preparation.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Bon appétit !