Easy to roll out pie crust with incredible Southern France flavors. The secrets are olive oil instead of butter and to add fresh Provencal herbs.
This pie crust have is interesting because 1/ it’s Mediterranean favors are incredible. It taste just like being in Southern France 2/ it’s very easy to roll out.
The pie crust may retract a little bit at the beginning of the rolling out process. But soon it becomes very easy to roll it out, even very thinly. And another great thing is that you can set it in your tin using your hands, without being afraid that the crust rips.
This recipe is perfect for your savory tarts, pies or quiches. I like to prepare Mediterranean vegetables tart (eggplants, peppers, and zucchinis), the French classical tomato tart, and even savory upside down Tatin tart with this olive oil and rosemary pie crust.
Chop rosemary leaves more or less finely according to your taste. You may also replace rosemary by thyme.
Olive Oil and Rosemary Pie Crust Step by Step
- 250 gr flour
- 1 teaspoon salt 5gr
- 4 cl olive oil
- 1 egg
- 8 to 10 gr rosemary usefresh rosemary leaves≈ 3 sprig
- 6 à 10 cl water
Prepare pie pastry
- Prepare and measure all ingrédients.
- Finely chop rosemary leaves with a kitchen knife.
- Combine flour, salt and rosemary chopped leaves.
- Pour in olive oil. Mix again.
- Then add the egg. Miix again.
- Progressively pour in water until you get a nice ball.
Rest before filling and baking
- Film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1h30mn.
- Remove 5 min in advance from the refrigerator and roll out.
Bon appétit !