A few information on the recipe:
- No butter but olive oil, not a lot of oil though since I used only 50ml (1.7 oz).
- Adding greek yoghurt brings a lot of vibrant orange-red color) because the season is short but the recipe works very well with regular oranges. Please choose organic oranges because we use zests.
- For zests, I recommend two very useful utensils. First a microplane grater or any other very fine grater that allows to make very fine zests, kind of like grated parmesan, it really is a modest investment that you won’t regret. Second a zester that allows you to make strips. If not, use a knife and make strips avoiding to remove the white part under the orange skin, then mince.
- I have a preference for brown sugar but it’s up to you.
And finally the recipe can be prepared without poppy seeds. For the record, poppy seeds have a high content of good fatty acids that provide good quality fats for the body and therefore reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. They also have a high iron value to fight anemia and have a good amount of zinc helping to regenerate tissues, slowing cellular aging.
- Use the mold of the shape you like / have and adjust baking time according to the size: loaf, poundcake, bundt, individual muffins or cupcakes….