Who said French cuisine is complicated? All you need here is duckling and oranges, season and roast in the oven. Why don’t you try?
2 ingredients Roast Duckling with Orange Sauce
Duckling and orange, that's all you need. No fat nor complicated cooking techniques here. Season can, stuff with orange slices pour over orange juice and roast in the oven, that's all you need to do for this delicious dish.
- 1 duckling 1,5 kilo
- 4 oranges organic
- set & pepper
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- Season with salt and pepper the inside and top of the duck.
- Slice 1 orange and stuff them inside the can then place it in a baking dish.
- Optional: Peel and roughly mince onions, keep the skin of garlic cloves and arrange them around in the dish.
- Squeeze two oranges and pour the juice over the duckling.
- Place duckling in a cold oven, put the heat on up to160 °C and cook for about 1 hour 30 minutes. Regularly baste with orange juice from the tin, and possibly adding a little bit of water.
- Remove from the oven, pour the juice from the last orange over duckling and mix this juice with the cooking juices.
My tip: as for roast chicken and unlike on these photos, I start by turning the poultry upside down, bottom against the dish, flip the duckling 30 min before the end to raost it. This way breasts, in contact with the liquids at the bottom of the dish ,will be very tender, less dry. Note: The cooking time depend on the weight of duckling, If needed, please refer to the conversion and measures article here
You liked this recipe?Subscribe to my mailing list for more French recipes and exclusive content
Bon appétit !
Bon appétit !