Roasting garlic in olive oil develops its flavors without being aggressive, and gives a subtle twist to spinach.
This way, you won’t have the bad garlic taste in your mouth all day!
We often don’t know how to cook spinach, yet delicious and full of iron, vitamins and minerals. With cream? Okay, but a bit heavy! Nature with butter? Not really tasty. So, how do you cook spinach?
I propose to add garlic slices roasted in olive oil. A good way to flavor this green vegetable. It’s also full of antioxidants..
Spinach with Roasted Garlic
- 800 gr spinach
- 1 bulb garlic 8 to 12 cloves
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt ad freshly ground pepper
- Cut stems, remove damaged parts. Wash and drain. Heat a large saucepan without any fat. When hot, throw spinach in and cook until it loses its vegetation water and reduce in volume. Remove water that appeared while cooking.
- While spinach are cooking, peel garlic cloves. Cut them in half and remove germs. Then cut into thin strips. Heat olive oil in a frying pan (be generous) and fry garlic slices.
- When garlic turns brown, pour them, with the olive oil, in the sauce pan containing spinach and heat for a few minutes to warm spinach and let them absorb roasted garlic flavors.
- Salt and pepper. Serve as a side to meat or fish.