The idea of soup is actually quite simple.
• Cook vegetables as you would do for a classic soup in water (but without salt though as haddock is salty enough) or steamed.
Here vegetables are carrots, onions and potatoes, but you can change the list of ingredients and do as you are used to. I tried with butternut squash, and a mix sweet potatoes and leeks, it works very well.
• Meanwhile, heat haddock by poaching it in milk and let infuse a few minutes to obtain a well perfumed milk. Choose of skimmed, semi-skimmed or whole milk; or a water-milk mix. I have not tested with soy milk yet but it should work. Will you tell me if you do?
• Then blend vegetables with the milk of the fish. Adjust the amount of liquid according to the desired texture, more or less liquid.
• Do not season until the very end after tasting.
• And serve laying on top of the soup pieces of haddock.
Quantities are given here for 4 people for a soup served as a starter. If you want to make it a main dish, increase the amount of vegetables and even more the amount of haddock.
Vegetables Soup with Smoked Haddock
A very tasty and creamy soup, vegetables being mixed with the milk in which smoked haddock have been poached. Cooked vegetables in water and heat fish in milk. Blend vegetables with the milk used for smoked haddock.
Portions: 4 shares