This savory tart is only made with vegetables and a quiche batter. No meat. All the flavors of sweet corn, and zucchini previously fried with olive oil. Because I love quiches.
Although the French love sweet corn, we don’t cook it that often. We buy it canned (rarely raw) and mostly serve it without transforming it in mixed salads, bouddha bowl…
I wanted to add some in a savory tart as I just love to put all kind of ingredients in my quiches.
The recipe is very simple: A quiche batter, zucchini briefly pan fried in olive oil with onion or shallot (I tend to preference shallots for its sweetness). You may add cubes of fresh goat cheese, result is was quite nice. You can also opt for grated ewe chesse, Comté, Parmesan…
Zucchini and Sweet Corn Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 2 zucchini
- 2 onions or 2 large shallots
- 120 gr sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 20 cl cream
- 10 cl milk
- 60 gr grated cheese
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C (350°F) and heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Slice zucchini and onion or shallot, depending on what you’ve chosen. Fry zucchini and onions / shallots until they get a nice golden brown color.
- Drain sweet corn.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, break the eggs and beat as you would for an omelette. Add cream and milk, combine. Then add salt, pepper, and nutmeg (or any spice of your choice). Finally add grated cheese and combine.
- Arrange pie crust in the tin, cover with fried zucchini and sweet corn. Pour the quiche batter and bake in the oven at 180 °C (350°F) for 40 minutes.