A daily homecooking recipe, the perfect lunch when served with a mixed salad. Quick to prepare with pan fried zucchinis, cubed feta and an easy batter.
Savory loafs are deffinitely the kind of homecooking dishes the French abwsolutely love. Not only because uit’s quick and easy.
It’s also quite nourishing also as with a green salad or any kind of mixed salad (see ideas here) as a side, it makes a full tasty lunch.
Another good thing with savory loafs, cakes salés as we say in French, is that as for quiches, you can vary fillings and flavors according to the ingredients or vegetables you have on hands, or to your taste. You’s also find on the blog two other cake salé recipes :Tuna Savory Loaf with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Feta and Roasted Bell Pepper Savory Loaf.
You can imagine your own recipe just following the batter ingredients here and adding meat, fish, cheese, vegetable of your choice.
Zucchini, Basil and Feta Savory Loaf
- 3 zucchini
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 250 gr flour
- 1 baking powder pack (11 gr)
- 50 ml milk
- 200 gr feta
- 2 handfuls basil leaves
- 12 olives green or black
- salt and pepper
Pan fry zucchinis
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Chop shallot. Rinse, cut in 4 lengthwise zucchinis. Then cut sections to get small "cubes".
- Pan fry zucchini with shallot for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare the other ingredients
- Cube feta.
- Gather basil leaves and cut them into thin strips.
- Pit olives and cut them in half.
Prepare cake batter, assemble and bake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Whip the 4 eggs. Add flour and baking powder, combine. Then pour olive oil and milk, combine again until you get a smooth texture.
- Add zucchini, feta, olives and basil. Combine.
- Grease a cake tin, pour the preparation in and bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
Bon appétit !