I did several tests before deciding that this was the ONE. My ultimate lemon cake recipe. Here are my tips and tricks for this recipe:
- Combine very finely grated lemon zests (I like to use a mycroplane grater) with sugar and let it stand for a moment so that lemon flavors infuse in sugar and are enhanced. If possible do this step 1 hour in advance, at least 30 minutes.
- The recipe don’t contains much butter for a lighter outcome, but has cream instead (or yoghurt).
- Don’t bake at too high temperature otherwise hot oven will quickly form a crust and the result won’t be as moist as it should be.
- Unmold the cake right after you take it out of the oven so that the hot mold won’t continue to cook the cake.
- Syrup is great to give a lemony and an even more tender twist to the cake, and it will work better if the cake is still hot. I prefer syrup that drizzle which is too sweet for me.