For smoked salmon lovers, this recipe is light and delicious. And so easy as salmon is just combined with cream cheese and a bit of whipped cream.
Looking for a festive recipe not too complicated nor long to prepare? Then this recipe is for you.
All you need is to make a chantilly with whipped cream, gently combine it with grind smoked salmon. Then season and add more salmon cut in small cubes to give texture to the preparation. We don’t want it to be too smooth.
The most important is to choose a good quality smoked salmon.
Smoked Salmon Light Mousse
- 160 gr smoked salmon
- 120 gr cream cheese such as Philadelphia or the French Saint Morêt
- 10 to 15 cl heavy cream or 2 large tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch Espelette pepper or Cayenne pepper
- Grind 120 gr of smoked salmon and mix it with the cream cheese.
- Add the Espelette pepper (or the spice you like) and lemon. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Whip the cold whipping cream. We only need 2 large tablespoons of whipped cream (or more if you prefer a smooth light airy texture for your mousse.
- Finally cut the rest of the smoked salmon into small cubes and mix them with the preparation.